Thursday, January 19, 2012

Project 366, 2012 ... Week 2


So far, so good for Project 366 2012. Am a bit behind in doing the collage, as I thought I would be.

The stars of this project are my cameras. I have several, but my main cameras have become my Pentax K-5 DSLR and my Canon PowerShot G10 point and shoot.

The Pentax is my creative camera, with lots of fun in-camera filters. This week I've made it even more love-able. I bought a new macro lens.

The Canon is my go everywhere camera. It fits in my bag or pocket. The Canon is always with me and it's starting to show. Under certain light conditions lens scratches are visible in the photo. It has me starting to look for a possible point and shoot replacement. I'd consider a Nikon if they had one with manual settings.

Here's what happened in week 2. Click on the "Day" heading to see a larger size of the photo.

Day 8 ... January 8:

On a Sunday afternoon STP outing to Prince's Island Park, I caught a red haired lady skating away on the lagoon pond. Reflected in the ice were her and the trees around her, making for a fairly fairy/fantasy-like setting.

Day 9 ... January 9:

Monday afternoon afterwork and the sun is setting quickly. Felt a bit tied for a good photo. So, I captured Centre Street Bridge, changed it to black and white, then played with the poster filter in Photoshop CS5.

Day 10 ... January 10:

It's too cold and windy to shoot outside... so I played indoors. Pulled my little green alien toy and and some DVDs out to create an alien arrival. Created a small studio on one of my shelving units. Mounting art board was used as a black back drop and small flashlights hung from the shelf for lighting.

Day 11 ... January 11:

Lacking inspiration, on the way home from work I shoot the severely salt stained metal railings on Centre Street Bridge. Did a little editing in Photoshop to try to make it look interesting.

Day 12 ... January 12:

Discovered a comic book store in my neighborhood and added new photographic subjects to my collection. Bought a couple Spy vs Spy figurines and a Spiderman eraser. Spent several hours creating scenarios and decided on the photo of a Spy sneaking up on a dreamy smurf.

Day 13 ... January 13:

Caught Kit mesmerized by something in the yard. Kit's always a great subject. Am trying to be mindful about taking too many photos of her, but cuteness rules!!

Day 14 ... January 14:

Thought I'd try some still life. Played with the Pentax K-5 using in-camera HDR, pastel and retro filters: 1/30, f1.4, ISO 400, 50mm lens. Originally the white balance was set to auto. When I redid the shot with tungsten setting I found I liked this first golden cast better.

No comments:

Post a Comment