Thursday, September 20, 2012

CPL - OBOC 2012 - Launch ... serenaded launch

The Calgary Public Library launched it's One Book, One Calgary (OBOC) celebration with Cowtown Opera and Mayor Nenshi highlighting the event. I've just started reading this year's selection "The Book of Awesome" by Canadian blogger Neil Pasricha, and I gotta say I like the "don't worry, be happy" and "take time to smell the roses" themes that run throughout the book.

Mayor Nenshi and I seem to frequent the same events and I have a great collection of photos of him.  [I'm sure he thinks I'm some sort of paparazzi nuisance.] My favorite photograph, though, would have to be the one I took at this event. Just behind him is a sign with the word "Awesome" on it.  I call that photo "awesome mayor."

No comments:

Post a Comment