Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Calgary Marathon


Fifty years and running, the Calgary Marathon was huge this year with runners, walkers, cyclists, and wheelchair users.  I hung around the lower deck of Centre Street Bridge and shot the participants.  Sounds of drums and bagpipes drew me to Riverfront Avenue. On one side of the road Chinese dancers and drummers where high-fiving passing runners.  Closer to the bridge the Cochrane Pipe Band were also encouraging runners.  People were encouraged to dress in time period costumes.  I saw three women dressed in 50s-style crinoline skirts.  Some people just dressed in costumes. I spotted a few supermen/women, one Dr Frankenstein, a cowgirl, a Spiderman (I think), and a big brown dog.

Also discovered a way to make photos really come alive with Nik Color Efex.










Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment